Photo Model: Monica Yvette
We have all heard the remedy of prenatal vitamins claiming marvelous results, in maximizing hair length. Research has proven that these hair growing vitamins throughout time, are responsible for healthy, shiny and thick hair.
In order to maintain these benefits you need to know what they are and how to acquire them. Vitamins such as A,B,C,D,E and K are almost common knowledge for beauty secrets, but what exactly do they do? And what foods and beverages can help you receive these vitamins?
Vitamin A produces sebum in the scalp, which stops breaking and drying.
- Cod liver oil.
- Yellow and orange fruits, and vegetables.
- Fortified skim milk.
- Fortified cereals for breakfast.
- Leafy greens with beta – carotene including spinach and broccoli.
Vitamin B is a large family with B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, and B12. When hair stops growing, it is due to the lack of these 8 vitamins.
- Nutritional yeast.
- Beef liver.
Vitamin C creates collagen which increases hair building proteins. Absorbs iron and other minerals that help add to the hair growth process.
- Winter squash.
- Peppers red, and green.
- Sweet potatoes, and white potatoes.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, and Brussels sprout.
Vitamin D metabolized through the skin, all in keratinocytes, which skin cells process keratin. And keratin is a protein for hair.
- Fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel.
- Beef liver.
- Egg yolk.
- Soy milk.
- Dairy products.
Vitamin E makes what is known as an antioxidant. Which works to prevent oxidative stress along with free redials, from destroying follicle cells.
- Sunflower seeds.
- Soybean oil.
- Beet greens, collard greens, and spinach.
Vitamin K contains many members however the 3 most common types are, vitamin K1 (phylloquinone), K2 (menaquinone), and K3 (menadione). These three vitamins are all disease preventers. Also giving regrowth and regeneration of hair strands.
- Vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprout, and broccoli. Leafy green vegetables like spinach, turnip greens, Swiss chard, collard, parsley, mustard greens, green leaf lettuce and romaine.
So do not forget to take your vitamins
Staying healthy also makes your hair beautiful. This is an addition in life where you will be rewarded. So every time you look in the mirror, and see your hair you will be motivated. So keep up with those beneficial vitamins. And always remember beauty is skin deep.